TARINA Steering & Management Committees
The project is governed by a Steering Committee comprised of the “Heads of Agencies” from TARINA consortium partner organizations. This includes the heads of the Tata-Cornell Institute for Agriculture and Nutrition (TCI), BAIF Development Research Foundation, CARE India Solutions for Sustainable Development, Grameen Development Services (GDS), the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), and Tata Trusts, as well as a representative from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Steering Committee meets biannually and is led by two co-chairs. Dr. Prabhu Pingali, Director of TCI, is a permanent co-chair, while the second co-chair is rotated on an annual basis among the India-based partners.
The role of the Steering Committee is to ensure that project activities and outcomes are consistent with the objectives outlined in the TARINA Results Framework. The Steering Committee provides guidance on implementation, sets project priorities, and monitors the quality of outputs as well as progress toward milestones. Steering Committee members also help to reinforce the project by integrating TARINA into the vision and work program of their respective organizations and by setting the tone for cooperation between partners.
Steering Committee Members Include:
- Prabhu Pingali – Director, TCI (Permanent Chair of the Steering Committee)
- Rajan Bahadur – Managing Director and CEO, CARE India
- S. K. Dwivedi – Executive Director, Grameen Development Services
- Pramod K. Joshi – Director of South Asia, IFPRI
- Purvi Mehta – Senior Adviser and Head of Agriculture, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Bhaskar Mittra – Associate Director, TCI at TISS
- Dr. Usha Ramakrishnan – Vice Chair and Professor, Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University
- Girish G. Sohani – President and Managing Trustee, BAIF
- Mr. R. Venkataramanan – Executive Trustee, Tata Trusts
A Management Committee consisting of designated representatives from TARINA consortium partner organizations oversees project implementation and coordinates activities across partners and field locations. The Management Committee meets on a quarterly basis. It takes its direction from and reports directly to the Steering Committee on grant progress and challenges.